Our Terms & Conditions
What you need to know when using our website
The West Sussex Retail Hub is a free service that has been set, run and managed by Digital Islands Business Services Limited (Digital Islands), who are under contract with Horsham District Council. Horsham District Council are representing the 7 boroughs and districts in the county of West Sussex. This service is free for businesses in West Sussex to access and use. This Service Level Agreement is in place to make the relationship between Digital Islands and you (the businesses in West Sussex who register with the service) as clear honest and straightforward as possible.
- Access to the West Sussex Retail Hub is free. Registration is free and access to all the content on the website is free.
- The commitment that Digital Islands has made is that the service will be free for 3 years, which takes it through until July 2024. After that, if there is no further public funding then we will either close the service or see if a membership fee is a viable way to continue the service, or will explore other funding options.
- The West Sussex Retail Hub is primarily a resource that provides access to video content for retailers. The presenters of the videos will from time to time be asked to run additional live events such as Questions and & Answer sessions, which will also be free to attend. If you decide to contact one of those presenter outside of those session times, they will generally want to charge you for their time and the service they provide.
The West Sussex Retail Hub was built for Digital Islands by Membership Lab (https://membershipwebsiteslab.com/) and they organised the hosting of the website on our behalf. They use high-performance web servers through their provider, called Liquid Web & Cloudways.
- A daily backup of THE website files and databases is kept safely on the Membership Labs (part of Melt Creative Limited) server and in the unlikely event of a hard drive failure or other technical failure with the web server Melt Creative Ltd will re-setup the website as quickly as possible.
- We’ll use our best endeavours to rectify the cause of any disruption in the hosting service in order to minimise the duration of any such instances.
- We won’t be liable for any compensation in respect of any down-time that may occur with the availability of the service.
The people at Digital Islands want to be good citizens and honour our commitments. We have agreed to create the West Sussex Retail Hub and the content you’ll find on it. We hope you will find it of use and value, and that it will help you to develop, grow and adapt the ways in which you run your business. We have made best endeavours to provide you with good advice and guidance, but at the end of the day there are no guarantees that your business will grow or be more successful – that is down to you and the decisions you make on which areas of the business to focus on, and the success of implementing change.
The content on the West Sussex Retail Hub, are subject to copyright and remains the intellectual property of Digital Islands Business Services Ltd, indefinitely. These content may not be copied and used by any other party without our express written consent. The content includes, but is not limited to:
- The written content on all of the West Sussex Retail Hub website pages
- All videos available on or accessed via the website
- Any logos, graphics or images stored on or available through the the West Sussex Retail Hub website pages
The elements on the West Sussex Retail Hub, are subject to copyright and remains the intellectual property of Melt Creative Ltd, indefinitely. These elements may not be copied and used by any other party without our express written consent. These elements include, but are not limited to:
- The source code of all website web pages
- All custom scripts, css and other files used to create your membership site
- The stored procedures, functions and triggers programmed into SQL Databases
- Plugin licences – Melt Creative use a collection of plugins to give the site the functionality it needs. These licences are Melt Creative and can not be shared or resold.
- The West Sussex Retail Hub website was created in order to provide businesses in West Sussex with access to useful business information, advice and guidance, in the form of written and video content. We want to create a positive and supportive community. Any action that is counter to this spirit may result in your membership being terminated.
- We do not support the use of the website for un-solicited advertising or promotion of services.
- By becoming a member of this website you agree to use the website lawfully, ethically and at all times to be respectful of other people, whether they are members of the website or not.
- If you fraudulently use the website, you will be in breach of our agreement.
- If you use the website for any fraudulent, unlawful or unethical purpose, we will report you to the police or other relevant authority. We will provide that authority with all information we have access to about you and the alleged activity.
Date of update: 6th July 2021